Tuesday 9 November 2010

The Quebecoix Quest - one day to go!

In about 90 minutes it will be time to take another step towards Quebec - online check-in for tomorrow's flights, from Newcastle to London Heathrow and then on to Montreal. The biggest problem I am having at the moment, as I familiarise myself with this dinky little Dell Netbook is finding out how to enter the codes for accented letters! Normally I'd just hit the Number Lock, hold down Alt and then type in the appropriate code. It would seem, however, that there is no 'hidden'numeric keypad, as there is on laptops, and hence no Number Lock key.


Still a bit of packing to be done before the off, and it looks like being quite a long day tomorrow. The first flight is at 12.15, so I guess I need to be leaving home at 10.00 to give enough time to get to the airport in time. It's a short flight down to Heathrow, just over an hour, which will be followed by a couple of hours in Terminal 5. The flight to Montreal lifts off at 15.35, and arrives 7 hours 25 minutes later, at 18.15 local time.

I then need to find my way to my hotel on rue Drummond, before heading off out for a gig which starts at 20.30, at the Lion d'Or club. I am hoping to be in a fit state to find my way there, bearing in mind that it will be 01.30 back here in England and that I am not really in the habit of going out after midnight! It will either be a metro journey from Peel to Papineau with a 500m walk at each end, or a taxi ride, depending upon my  mood.

Hopefully it will be the first in a series of 'good nights', with the objective of  watching/listening to an eclectic selection of Quebecoix/ses singers and  musicians. Actually, tomorrow's band is a group of francophones from Winnipeg - Les Surveillantes, whom I saw one lunchtime last November at Bistro en Vivo, along with Genevieve Toupin and Amylie, two more emerging talents.


More later........

No comments:

Post a Comment